Come Relax With Us!
Stress complicates our mental and emotional wellbeing in ways we may not recognize and erodes our ability to cope with challenges great and small. To make matters worse, many things we do to try to deal with stress, such as watching TV or drinking, can often lead to more stress. So what to do?
For a problem as common as stress, many people do not know what the real effects of stress are and have never actually learned the simple techniques that can transform how stress impacts our lives.
If you would like to learn more about what to do about stress, come to the Guided Relaxation class. The class has been ongoing for more than ten years, and we have many devoted participants. Newcomers and beginners are always welcome!
If you have digestive issues, high blood pressure, insomnia, headaches, anxiety, the blues, joint problems, disabilities, brain fog or any ongoing health challenges, relieving stress on a regular basis can be one of the best things you can do for yourself.
Here’s what some of our class members have to say about the experience:
- Joan Montanye says, “It helps lower blood pressure.”
- Betty Ann Berkman says, “When it’s tax time, I do a lot of deep breathing every day and it really helps.”
- Wilma Butera says, “Sometimes I have been breathing real fast and I use my relaxation every day to slow down.”
- Fred Montanye says, “I leave class more relaxed than when I came in. I am always more relaxed.”
- Betty Schaefer says she enjoys “getting our bodies ready to let go and relax. It really is OK.”
The class is simple, fun and relaxing. No special attire is required — just come as you are. We sit in regular chairs and attending is not physically demanding. We learn about the effects of unrelieved stress on our bodies, minds and emotions and practice relaxation techniques that are easy to use and remember.
We learn what is actually happening in our bodies when the well-studied stress response is activated and how we can activate the well-defined relaxation response ourselves to neutralize it. Come find out why many of our class members have been attending this class for years.
The free class is held in the small activities room on Tuesday afternoons at 3 p.m. The small investment of your time will deliver wonderful benefits for your health and wellbeing!