COVID-19 Update from Paradise Valley Estates
PVE Management continues to monitor the situation and we are working closely with our partners: NorthBay Healthcare, LeadingAge, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Solano County and State of California public health departments. Nothing is more important to us than our residents and team members, so we are working with these agencies to implement preventive protocols and planning for contingencies to address worst-case scenarios in this rapidly changing situation.
The State of California has issued a shelter at home order for all residents, effective through at least April 7. Shelter at home means that all residents stay home, unless they must leave for essential personal or societal functions.
As of Thursday, March 26 we have implemented the following precautions:
- Prohibiting all non-essential visits to Paradise Valley Estates including family, friends, vendors and anyone who does not reside in the community.
- In order to protect our most vulnerable residents, all visits to skilled nursing in Laurel Creek are prohibited. The only exception will be for family and caretakers during end-of-life. Entrance to Laurel Creek is limited to the main doors to ensure all visitors can be screened.
- Any visitor to campus will be screened at the gate per protocol provided by CMS.
- All guest room stays have been canceled.
- We ask that residents not leave campus for any reason other than an essential medical appointment. Any resident who leaves campus must self-quarantine in their home for two weeks upon return and avoid team members, other residents and community common areas.
- All residents returning from travel (local or outside of the area) must self-quarantine in their home.
- The Powerhouse, pool, gym, bocce courts and billiards room are closed. Residents not in self-quarantine can visit other common areas on campus but are asked to practice social distancing.
- Residents in skilled nursing are encouraged to take walks outside, but must be accompanied by a PVE team member. If you would like to request for your family member to be accompanied on a walk, please contact Assistant Director of Nursing, Sonja Duerst, at SonjaD@pvestates.com or 707-432-1208.
- A technology station is set up in the Community Center for residents to conduct private, virtual medical appointments with physicians and conversations with friends or family.
- We are working with providers to coordinate delivery of resident medications.
- Housekeeping is following CDC guidelines and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, handrails, light switches, toilets, etc.) in common areas.
- Family members can drop off groceries or other supplies for residents at the front gate. Weekdays, residents can order groceries through PVE at Home for next-day delivery or from Dining Services in some cases.
- Delivery services (UPS, FedEx, etc.) will leave resident and campus deliveries at the front gate. PVE team members will deliver mail and packages to residents in self-quarantine only. Deliveries for residents not in self-quarantine will be placed in the mail kiosks located in the common area.
- The Main Dining Room, Café, and The Club are closed. Lunch and dinner meals will be delivered to all residents at home.
- All group activities and on-campus events have been canceled.
- All team members returning from travel (local or outside of the area) must self-quarantine.
- Health services employees are screened for symptoms daily, before they begin their shifts.
- All team members over the age of 65 are working from home.
We will continue to provide updates as we implement additional preventive measures.
Monday, March 26, 5:00 PM