PVE Awards Scholarships
The Scholarship Committee offers limited financial assistance through scholarship grants to selected PVE employees seeking certificates of completion, credentials or degrees. The scholarships are solely funded by the tax-deductible donations of PVE residents. Since 2004, we have awarded 98 scholarships totaling about $131,400. Grants are made twice a year, once for the spring term and once for the fall term.
We at PVE are fortunate to have a wonderful group of employees who demonstrate a great work ethic and certainly make our lives easier. One way we can show our gratitude is by donating to the scholarship fund. Donations can be made by check to the PVE Scholarship Fund or by a one-time or monthly charge to your account. Forms are available at the front desk of the Community Center.
For the fall term, we awarded nine scholarships to the following employees:
- Manpreet Bahia, a certified nursing assistant at Laurel Creek who is studying to become a registered nurse.
- Val Empleo, a licensed vocational nurse at the clinic on weekends who is studying to become a registered nurse.
- Kelly Jones, a licensed vocational nurse at the clinic and Quail Creek who is studying to become a registered nurse.
- Michelle Kreider, a restorative nursing aide/certified nursing assistant at Laurel Creek who is studying to be a respiratory therapist.
- Adrian Lozoya, a security guard who is pursuing a career in social work.
- Rosaura Lozoya, a communications coordinator who is pursuing a career in mass communication and journalism.
- Alexxis Petersen, a server who is pursuing a career as a counselor.
- Aly Ramirez, who works in food services and is studying to become a licensed vocational nurse.
- Kiyana Woods, a former server and now marketing intern who is studying marketing.